Hymn to Hermes XVIII
- I sing of Kyllenian Hermes, the Slayer of Argos, lord of Kyllene and Arkadia rich in flocks, luck-bringing messenger of the deathless gods.
- He was born of Maia, the daughter of Atlas, when she had mated with Zeus—a shy goddess she.
- Ever she avoided the throng of the blessed gods and lived in a shadowy cave, and there the Son of Kronos used to lie with the rich-tressed Nymph at dead of night, while white-armed Hera lay bound in sweet sleep; and neither deathless god nor mortal man knew it.
- And so hail to you, Son of Zeus and Maia; with you I have begun; now I will turn to another song!
- Hail, Hermes, giver of grace, guide, and giver of good things!
Copyrighted Images—All Rights Reserved